Friday, August 14, 2009

Lily's a first grader

Lily started first grade this week. Oh my goodness, I can't believe my baby is in first grade! She was excited but also said she was nervous, which of course broke my heart. We met her teacher and like her as much as Lily does. She has enjoyed her first couple of days but did mention that she hasn't found any friends yet (which of course broke my heart AGAIN). She said she's too shy to ask anyone to play with her at recess so she just walks around. Crap, I just started crying. Why didn't anyone tell me being a mom would be this hard?

Here are a few pics of her before she got on the bus on her first day.





2 comments:

Super Mommy said...

Wow - you all started school early! Poor Lily . . . I'm sure she'll make a friend soon. No one who was in Kindy is in her class? Maybe you can send her with some treats for the kids, they'll want to be her friend then!

Casey said...

First grade!! Whooooo!!! Time does fly... she will have a super time very soon. I agree... send in treats for lunch. I used to ALWAYS do this for Liam who has a bit of an issue in the socializing department :) Works every time. :)

Site Meter